Thursday, January 8, 2009

Another Birthday!


It was my birthday on Sunday! Although I didn't get to laze about all day, I did get to have dinner with my family. I had a wonderful dinner and homemade chocolate cake. Yum! My birthday is always a time of reflection for me. As I get older, I find that I dwell on the goals I had set for myself. This year was no different. Last year had its ups and downs for me. I did well in school...managed to maintain a 4.0. I was invited to join Phi Theta Kappa and the National Scholars Honor Society. That was one of the highlights. Another was my first year as a grandmother. The lowest point was losing my small business. I really love working from home. Because of the changes in our living arrangements, I no longer have a land line, which is necessary for what I was doing. I hope that I will be able to find something else that I enjoy as much and that I can do while living "on wheels". Although I am not currently in school, I hope to take online classes in the Fall. I think that should give me plenty of time to adjust to our new lifestyle.
This week has also brought some sadness. Down the hill from us in a huge 5th wheel trailer there lives an older gentleman named Ralph. The 78 year old is a caretaker here at the RV park, and so is a "permanent" resident. He lives alone. Ralph always stops with a friendly "hello" for the girls as he drives his work truck with it's wooden trailer up the hill and past our trailer. On Tuesday morning we awoke to a commotion down the hill, and the sound of sirens. Ralph had a stroke. We offered to help in any way we could, as he was taken away by the ambulance. We have not heard anything since. I am sure that the park management will not say anything, so as not to alarm the guests. My heart goes out to Ralph. I hope that he has family to care for him.

No comments: